So, a cool sneaker drop is happening, and you want a pair to flex. You did your research and already got your sneaker bot up and running for better odds. And well, you already know how the kicks will fit because you checked every size guide in existence. Now, drop day comes, you successfully cop your size, and the pair arrives at your doorstep! But low and behold, the kicks ended up not fitting at all… Why? Because what you thought is your shoe size isn’t really it. So, to avoid this roller coaster of emotion, we’re gonna show you how to measure your shoe size correctly!
Before we jump in, here are some handy size guides if you already know your shoe size:
- Air Jordan size guide
- Nike Kobe size guide
- Air Max size guide
- New Balance size guide
- Adidas size guide
- Nike Dunk size guide
- Yeezy size guide
- How do different brands fit?
How to Measure Your Shoe Size – A Guide
So, if you wanna double check your shoe size, here’s a simple guide to do it! Basically, you’ll need stuff you can find at your house on hand:
- Paper and tape
- Ruler/Measuring Tape
Once you get these items, the remainder of the process is fairly simple! Here are the steps to how to measure your shoe size accurately:
- Wear the socks you’ll most likely wear with your shoes
- Tape the paper you have on the ground next to a wall so it won’t slip
- Put your feet on the paper with your heels to the wall
- Make sure your feet are solidly planted on the floor
- Outline your feet with the pencil (or ask someone else to do it if you can’t)
- Draw a line on the farthest tips of your biggest toe and heel
- Measure the space between these two lines with a ruler or measuring tape
So, now that you have the measures, you can look at shoe size charts and find your size. Now, sizes might slightly vary depending on the brand of choice. However, Nike’s chart is usually pretty accurate, so you can check them out here.
Some Tips and Tricks That’ll Come in Handy
In order to get the best measurements, here are a few tips that will help out. After all, we’re all about finding the best fit for your sneakers. Anyway, here’s what you need to know before you go shopping:
- Measure your feet at the end of the day. You see, feet tend to swell up after spending a day on them… or just spending the day really. So waiting till the end of the day gives you the best measurement.
- Go for the bigger number. You see, most people’s feet don’t have the same size, and that doesn’t usually cause a huge difference. However, if you do notice a difference, always go for the bigger measurement.
- Cater for wide feet. So, shoe manufacturers don’t always take wide feet into consideration. And as a result, while some shoes fit your feet in length, they’d be too tight. That’s why you should also measure your foot’s width to find out where you fall on the spectrum. That way, you’ll know if you should size up or not!
Finally, you know how to measure your shoe size for a good shopping experience. But naturally, we recommend that you always try the kicks on in person before you buy if you can. Now, you’re ready to go on your sneaker-shopping journey! But make sure you know how to buy them for retail beforehand, especially if they’re popular. Godspeed!